Services by Compass Psychology
We offer a number of psychological, training and consulting services in English to the international community of Finland.
- Therapy – short term and long term psychological therapy by registered psychologists in Finland. Currently our psychologists offer the following native-level languages: English, German, Dutch/Flemish, Finnish and Swedish.
- Webinars and group therapy: We have regular free webinars and Group Therapy on Wednesday evenings.
- Group programs: New Mothers Group, Parenting groups (teenagers and school aged children), emotional intelligence courses and other groups such as men’s groups and cultural adapation.
- Consulting: We are available to present in English to the international community on well-being and mental health.
We offer individual and couples counselling.
You can attend therapy without a referral, simply by emailing our firstname.lastname@example.org email address. We will arrange a free 15 minute phone call to assess your needs and book you in as soon as possible.
Costs for a 50 minute session are 105€, with 10€ charged for out of hours sessions (after 4pm or on weekends/public holidays). Couples counselling is 120€ per 50 minutes.
New Mothers’ Group
Since 2017 we have run the New Mothers Group for English-speaking mothers of newborn babies. Some mothers have travelled from as far as Pori or Turku to attend our popular group!
The group runs every 3 months in February, May, August and November for first time mothers with babies aged 0 – 4 months.
We have plans to run a second time mothers group in Autumn 2023. Stay tuned!
See the webpage for more information.
Since 2022 we have run positive parenting programs for parents of younger and older children, as well as a parents of teenagers support group.
You can read more about these programs here:
Positive Parenting (coming in Autumn 2023)
Presenting and consulting
Our psychologists are available to present material to different audiences on mental health and well-being topics. Please contact us to ask our current presenation fee rate. We are also available for clinical psychology consulting.
Presentations done by Compass Psychology psychologists include:
– “Adolescent Brain Workshop”, International School of Helsinki, 11 May 2023, by Dr Lisa Smith. Presentation to staff and parents on adolescent behaviour.
– “Well-Being in Winter Workshop”, for City of Helsinki “New in Helsinki” series, November 2022, Dr Hatty Francis-Ehnholm and Annabel Battersby. Presentation to new arrivals to Finland on how to maintain mental well-being during winter.
You can see a video of this event at: https://www.facebook.com/100022363701517/videos/715531053584923/
– “How and why to talk to your teenager about drug and alcohol use”, Mattlidens Gymnasium Parents Assocation, November 2017, by Dr Jane Tuomola and Annabel Battersby