Talking with your teenager: a support group for parents
A 7-session parenting programme for parents of teenagers (ages 12 to 19) run by Dr Lisa Smith and Dr Hatty Francis-Ehnholm
Sign up to the group starting on 11 January 2023
- Struggling to connect with your teen? Feeling isolated and helpless?
- Having difficulties understanding issues around gender and sexual identity, drugs or risk taking?
- Worried about your teenagers mental health and progress in school?
You are not alone!
Come and join this supportive group for parents, offered by Compass Psychology in English. Talking with your Teenager is a 7- session evening support group in English for parents of teenagers aged 12 to 19 years old, starting Wednesday 30th November. The course will be delivered by Dr Hatty Francis-Ehnholm and Dr Lisa Smith, both trained and registered as clinical psychologists in the UK specialising in child and adolescent psychology. Hatty is also a registered psychologist in Finland.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Understand the teenage brain and how this influences teen behaviour
- Develop a stronger connection and trusting relationship with your teen
- Understand teen mental health and when to know that they need more support
- Reduce arguments & battles at home.
- Support your teen with sleep, eating/nourishment
- Have difficult, but essential conversions with your teen about drugs alcohol and sex.
- Understand gender Identity and issues around teen sexuality, and how to talk to your teen about these issues
This course designed by Clinical Psychologists, draws upon the latest neuroscience and parenting research. It offers a supportive and reflective space to help parents of teenagers develop skills to negotiate this challenging developmental period. In addition there will be an opportunity for consultation and advice from a clinical psychologist specialised in adolescent mental health and parenting. The course is delivered in English and takes place over 8, 1.5 hour sessions on Wednesday evenings at Arkadia Book Store (11 Nervanderinkatu, Helsinki) Coffee and tea are included. It is advisable to come with your partner if you have one, although this isn’t necessary. Cost: €600 for couples (or sign up with a friend – email us for the 50€ rebate), €350 for one parent. (Max 20 people)
Cost: €600 for couples/ two friends, €350 for one parent
Date: 11th and 18th, 25th January and 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd February 2023
Time: 18.00 – 19.30 (1.5 hours)
Location: Nervanderinkatu 11, Etu-Töölö, Helsinki (January) and Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu 3B9, Töölö (February)
The course will be delivered by Dr Hatty Francis-Ehnholm and Dr Lisa Smith, both trained and registered as clinical psychologists in the UK. Hatty is also a registered psychologist in Finland.