Our mission is to offer high quality psychological services to the international community in Helsinki
The Incredible Years parenting course
New courses starting next week (Tuesday 25 & Wednesday 26 October) for parents of 4 – 8 year olds and 8 to 13 year olds.
We are currently experiencing high demand for our services and our waiting list for individual therapy is currently 3 – 4 weeks.
Looking for immediate help while you wait for individual therapy?
Group therapy is now available as an affordable option for those looking for coping strategies for anxiety, stress and depression.
Compass Psychology is now offering 6 sessions in their Emotional Intelligence course, based on ACT therapy, for just 40€ per session (240€ in total)
- The next course starts on Thursday 3 November at 17.00 – 18.30, with weekly sessions until December 8th. Location is Nervanderinkatu 11 in Etu-Töölö (close to Kamppi).
- The course is facilitated by experienced Clinical Psychologist Annabel Battersby. See this page for more information or sign up here.
Compass Psychology is a team of clinical psychologists offering high quality individual psychological therapy sessions and training programs.
- Individual psychological therapy sessions cost 105€ for 50 minutes
- Couples or family therapy sessions cost 120€ for 50 minutes. Extended sessions (80 minutes) are available for an additional fee.
- We are registered psychologists in Finland, and many private health insurance companies may be able to cover the full costs of sessions.
- Please note that we cannot offer KELA or HUS reimbursed psychology or psychotherapy sessions at this time.
Our aim is to help our clients cope with living abroad, improve their relationships and overcome stress. We also help them to deal with anxiety, depression or other mental health issues they may be experiencing, and to regain their psychological wellness. Our approach to psychotherapy is based on cognitive behavioural therapy and solution focused therapy.
Welcome to Compass Psychology
We currently have three English-speaking Clinical Psychologists who are registered and working in Helsinki, Finland – Annabel, Hatty and Kim. If you or a family member of loved one is seeking psychological therapy please contact us for an appointment. For further information on what to expect from your first session with Annabel, Kim or Hatty, read our FAQ page. We also have a trained facilitator, Dr Lisa Smith, in the Compass Psychology team. She is facilitating our Incredible Years and parenting adolescent programs.
Sessions held between 8am and 4pm will be charged at the following rates:
- 105€ for individual sessions (50 minutes)
- 170€ for extended individual sessions (80 minutes)
- 120€ for couples or family therapy sessions (50 minutes)
- 185€ for extended couples or family therapy sessions (80 minutes)
There is an out of hours surcharge for all sessions starting at or after 4pm of 10€.
Please note that as a clinical psychology service, the cost of each session not only includes the 50 minutes of consulation time, but also any correspondence, phone calls, emails, note taking, brief psychological assessment or letter writing that may be required. For example, letters to your doctor, school or social worker are included in this cost, as are emails and the provision of references, resources and materials as needed.
Looking for a less expensive therapy option?
- Group therapy is available for those looking for coping strategies for anxiety, stress and depressive thoughts. You can sign up for 6 sessions of the Emotional Intelligence course, based on ACT therapy, now for just 40€ per session (240€ in total).
- Reduced fee sessions with student of psychology Oona are now available from August 2022 for 35€ for 50 minutes. Oona works in both English and Finnish, and has been trained in CBT and IPT therapies. You can email Oona directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compass Psychology is located in central Helsinki
Our office is located centrally near Helsinki city centre at Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu 3 B 9 in Töölö, just a short walk from the central Railway station or Kamppi. Or you can take tram number 4 or 10 to the Hesperian Puisto stop. Parking is available on the street.
We have two therapy rooms and one group room.